This policy explains how we (Tropical Pines Pty Ltd) manage your personal information.
We understand that your privacy is important to you, and we value your trust.
This policy outlines our obligations in managing personal information, we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
In this statement ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to Tropical Pines Pty Ltd.
What Information do we collect and how?
The types of information we collect include information about you, which is relevant to our relationship or the service you are enquiring about, or the service we provide you.
The types of personal information we collect from you may include -
· names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
· tax file numbers, bank account details, shareholdings, superannuation details
· when you visit our website or social media , your location information & IP address
· date of birth and gender
This information is collected when you –
· Contact us – such as filling in a form, telephone conversation, email, social media, giving us feedback or making a complaint
· Visit our website
· When you enter a competition
Personal information is generally collected and held about employees, prospective employees, clients, potential client’s suppliers and contractors.
Keeping your information safe
We use secure systems and buildings to hold your information. We aim to only keep your information for as long as we need it.
Our staff are trained in how to keep your information safe and secure.
We hold personal information in secure and confidential files maintained in paper and/or electronic form.
Sometimes personal information held by Tropical Pines Pty Ltd is securely stored with third party data storage providers.
We take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse and loss, and destroy or permanently de- identify personal information we no longer need.
These steps include:
Physical measures –
· Only personnel with keys are allowed unsupervised access to the premises
· Building alarms and security cameras
Technological measures –
· Access passwords for computers where data is stored
· Restricted access to electronic records
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of:
· Administrative and operational tasks
· Improving our service and your experience
· Responding to your requests or queries
· Maintaining contact with customers and other contacts
· Marketing, market research and analysis
· Managing general business conduct
· Complying with laws, and assist government or law enforcement agencies
· Engaging third party service providers for business purposes
Disclosure of Information
We do not disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
· we are required to by law
· it is necessary to provide you a service you have requested
· use or disclosure is permitted by this policy
In order to fulfil the purposes above, it may be necessary to provide access to your personal information to third parties with whom we have a business relationship.
The types of third parties includes:
· Government or regulatory bodies or agencies
· If you are a customer, an employee, contractor or supplier, then we may disclose your information as part of providing a service
· Our service providers, including but not limited to web site hosts, electronic data bases
We do not disclose personal information to overseas recipients. We do not sell, nor trade personal information with third parties.
Accessing, updating and correcting your information
You have the rights to access and seek correction of your personal information held by us, this is set out in Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13.
You can ask us for a copy of your information by visiting our head office in Yeppoon, emailing or calling us.
Please address all requests for access and correction of personal information to our Privacy Officer, on 07 4939 0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a privacy complaint
If you have a concern or complaint about your privacy, let us know and we will try to fix it. If you are not satisfied with how we handle your complaint, there are other things you can do.
To make a complaint, please contact our privacy officer, we will look into the issue and try to fix it straight away through our complaint handling process. If you are not satisfied with how we handled your complaint and want to take matters further you may refer your concerns to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone 1300 363 992
It is usual practice to collect statistical information about all our visitors to our online resources.
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressly collect the following non – personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the site, page access times and referring website traffic. Cookies may be used on some areas of our website. They are used to improve the navigational experience of visitors to our site and to make it easier to use.
We record this data to maintain our server and improve our services. We do not use it to personally identify anyone.